I had a day off from work today and it was a rainy day again in Melbourne town and I had such a craving for chocolate chip cookies. Using what I had in the cupboard I was able to make them. They are easyeasyeasy and you too will most likely have all the ingredients lying around.
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 160g of butter (softened)
- 1 Egg (Room Temperature)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups of plain flour
- 1 cup of small milk chocolate chips of buttons (You can substitute the milk chocolate chips with dark or white chocolate.....or all three!)
- Beat butter, sugars and vanilla extract with an electric mixture for 2-3 minutes until well combined and soft and fluffy.
- Add the egg and continue to beat mixture
- Add the plain flour in 3 parts scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- When all the flour has been mixed in to the mixture add the chocolate chips.
- Spoon mixture into little balls onto a baking paper lined tray. (The consistency of the mixture should be like a dough)
- Gently flatten the balls and cook for 15-19 minutes
- When finished, transfer cookies onto a cooking rack and the cookies will continue to slowly cook and harden.
- Eat and enjoy with a glass of milk
Pin It Now!